br AKI is very common in children
AKI is very common in children with cancer, especially early after diagnosis; it Fasudil is associated with adverse long-term renal outcomes. Further studies are needed to prospectively evaluate the trend of changes in renal functions throughout the treatment course in children with cancer and to further
focus on long-term renal outcomes in childhood cancer survivors.35,36 n
Reprint requests: Hee Gyung Kang, MD, PhD, Department of Pediatrics, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 101 Daehak-ro, Jongno-Gu, Seoul 03080, Korea. E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Cohen EP. Cancer and the kidney: the frontier of nephrology and oncology. Oxford University Press; 2010.
Acute Kidney Injury in Pediatric Cancer Patients 249
THE JOURNAL OF PEDIATRICS www.jpeds.com Volume 208
6. Lahoti A, Humphreys BD. AKI Associated With Malignancies. J Am Soc Nephrol, 2016. https://www.asn-online.org/education/distancelearning/ curricula/onco/Chapter3.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2018.
7. Rustagi RS, Arora K, Das RR, Pooni PA, Singh D. Incidence, risk factors and outcome of acute kidney injury in critically ill children–a developing country perspective. Paediatr Int Child Health 2017;37:35-41.
8. Lahoti A, Nates JL, Wakefield CD, Price KJ, Salahudeen AK. Costs and outcomes of acute kidney injury in critically ill patients with cancer. J Support Oncol 2011;9:149-55.
9. Salahudeen AK, Doshi SM, Pawar T, Nowshad G, Lahoti A, Shah P. Inci-dence rate, clinical correlates, and outcomes of AKI in patients admitted to a comprehensive cancer center. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2013;8:347-54.
11. Christiansen CF, Johansen MB, Langeberg WJ, Fryzek JP, Sørensen HT. Incidence of acute kidney injury in cancer patients: a Danish population-based cohort study. Eur J Intern Med 2011;22:399-406.
12. Jhaveri K, Salahudeen AK. Onconephrology: cancer, chemotherapy and
13. Kist-van Holthe JE, Goedvolk CA, Brand R, van Weel MH, Bredius RG, van Oostayen JA, et al. Prospective study of renal insufficiency after bone marrow transplantation. Pediatr Nephrol 2002;17:1032-7.
14. Michael M, Kuehnle I, Goldstein SL. Fluid overload and acute renal failure in pediatric stem cell transplant patients. Pediatr Nephrol 2004;19:91-5.
15. Fisher BT, Zaoutis TE, Leckerman KH, Localio R, Aplenc R. Risk factors for renal failure in pediatric patients with acute myeloid leukemia: a retrospective cohort study. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2010;55:655-61.
16. Kizilbash SJ, Kashtan CE, Chavers BM, Cao Q, Smith AR. Acute kidney injury and the risk of mortality in children undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2016;22: 1264-70.
17. Pizzo PA, Poplack DG. Principles and practice of pediatric oncology. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2015.
19. Sutherland SM, Byrnes JJ, Kothari M, Longhurst CA, Dutta S, Garcia P, et al. AKI in hospitalized children: comparing the pRIFLE, AKIN, and KDIGO definitions. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2015;10:554-61.
21. Mehta RL, Kellum JA, Shah SV, Molitoris BA, Ronco C, Warnock DG, et al. Acute Kidney Injury Network: report of an initiative to improve outcomes in acute kidney injury. Crit Care 2007;11:R31.
22. Holmes J, Roberts G, May K, Tyerman K, Geen J, Williams JD, et al. The incidence of pediatric acute kidney injury is lymphatic circulation increased when identified by a change in a creatinine-based electronic alert. Kidney Int 2017;92:432-9.
23. Downes KJ, Cowden C, Laskin BL, Huang Y-S, Gong W, Bryan M, et al. Association of acute kidney injury with concomitant vancomycin and piperacillin/tazobactam treatment among hospitalized children. JAMA Pediatr 2017;171:e173219.
26. Du Plessis L, Rassekh SR, Mammen C. High incidence of acute kidney injury during chemotherapy for childhood acute myeloid leukemia. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2018;65:e26915.